Welcome to my website where...
From the first moment they see the world upside-down through their little eyes
to the moment they realize they never really grew up,
KIDS ARE AMAZING.
They can -
1. Give you a good scolding, without knowing a word of your language.
2. Tell a joke that you don't get - and laugh at it for you.
3. Make an X, dig a hole, climb a tall tree, then jump down, run around, AND learn to tie their shoelaces.
4. Be proud of a scratched knee - and terribly upset about a torn shirt.
5. Lead a science experiment while learning to read.
6. Try food that looks like an alien cooked it.
7. Smile big to show off the gap left from the first tooth that FINALY came out.
8. Make up a story without knowing what conflict is.
9. Ask those awkward questions that adults are wildly curious about (but would never ask themselves).
10. Believe in the impossible - and make it happen.
A Quick Word about me:
JEN Garrett writes for, about, and around children all day. But sometimes she finds time to do the dishes at her home in Northern California. She also finds time to be the SCBWI Critique Carousel Coordinator for her region, query agents, and read mountains of books. How? We don’t know. Find out more about JEN here...
Former Facilitator at