Well, lovely readers, once again I've failed to rise above the other 145 entries in Susanna's Halloweensie Contest with my "Witch Vs. Superhero" entry.
No pity parties though...
My Grateful List
1. For Susanna's contest that inspired and challenged me to write.
2. For all the votes of "Good Luck" and "Great Story"
3. For comments like this: "I love how you set the scene and the ending took me by surprise. Love it!" and this: "I love your story - it's a perfect picture book!" and this: "How about deleting this from your blog after the contest and working on it as a picture book? It's sure to bring smiles to little faces. Great job. :-)"
4. For the many manuscripts I have to polish and submit. :)
5. For such a fun community that I am a part of.
I write about, with, for, and around kids all day. (Well, maybe I do the dishes too. Sometimes.)