Well, today my alter-ego is taking a break, so I’m convinced that this post will be thoroughly boring.
Before I get into the good stuff and missed opportunities, it occurs to me that you may be getting to my blog recently. So here's a button to my fully updated A to Z list for 2018:
1. I chose a fun theme this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.
2. I created an A to Z list so people can follow along in alphabetical order
3. I waited until April to create my posts, which seems to work for me, even though some of them were late.
4. I went on Blog tours visiting people who had commented on my post, then visiting a blogger who had commented on their post, etc. It was so fun! I met new bloggers, and gained some followers!
1. Because April 1st was Sunday AND Easter AND April Fools Day AND General Conference (religious assembly), I started a day late
2. Mondays posts never got on the daily A to Z lists
3. A few posts didn’t get any comments – maybe because they weren’t on the A to Z daily lists
4. I often forgot to comment in the official A to Z daily posts, didn't post on any social media at all, and I'm still not sure if there were twitter chats or not. If not, I totally missed them.
5. I never did learn how to write onomatopoeia correctly on first try. (Thank you Spellcheck for getting my back!)
Lessons Learned Part Way Through
1. I learned to add my website as a link to my Google+, and update my post on my old blog on Blogger.
2. I learned to add a note to my A to Z list that my most current posts were on my blog
3. I learned that it’s possible to sleep through writing a post
4. I learned that visiting other blogs and commenting on them is the best way to get comments on yours
5. I learned that sometimes my posts are humorous.
6. I learned that blogging is a great way to get out writer’s block.
7. I learned that bloggers tend to comment in clusters
8. There are a lot of Doctor Who fans out there.
Some Blog Tour Themes
As I toured blogs each day, I noticed a theme in the blogs I visited. Here are some of the themes I noticed in no particular order.
1. Travel photos
2. Flower Photos
3. Pet Bloggers (from the pets POV)
5. Art in Architecture
6. Writing Romance
7. Beauty Tips
8. Family History and Geneology
9. Mystery and Thriller Writers
10. General Novel-Writing Advice Blogs
What are you doing?
You’re back! I thought you were taking a break…
Yeah, well, I just couldn’t stand to stay away any longer.
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that -
Besides, the Doctor wouldn’t let me be his sidekick.
Really, why not?
Something about he could never time-travel with an imaginary person.
Well, I have no such qualms – you can visit this blog as often as you like!
Thank You! BTW, aren’t you missing something?
Oh yes, the A to Z Challenge Reflections link!
I write about, with, for, and around kids all day. (Well, maybe I do the dishes too. Sometimes.)